1st Grade Art Online-Full Year
Following the timeline of the K12 History program, first grade Art lessons introduce students to the art and architecture of different cultures, such as Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt, Greece, and China. Students will:
- Identify landscapes, still-lifes, and portraits
- Study elements of art, such as line, shape, and texture
- Create artwork similar to works they learn about, using many materials and techniques-inspired by Vincent van Gogh's The Starry Night, students paint their own starry landscape using bold brushstroke, and they make clay sculptures inspired by a bust of Queen Nefertiti and the Great Sphinx.
Please note: Course materials will be available in various formats, which may include physical and/or digital materials.
Standard Curriculum Items
- Come Look with Me: Exploring Landscape Art with Childrenby Gladys S. Blizzard
- Come Look with Me: World of Playby Gladys S. Blizzard
- Art Print Kit, Grade 1
Additional Curriculum Items
Some lessons require additional resources, including common household items, and books that are readily available online or in your local library:
- Paintbrush, Tempera, Flat Bristle 1"
- Paintbrush, Tempera, Medium #4
- Paintbrush, Tempera, Large #8
- Oil Pastels, 12 colors or more
- Clay, 4 colors
- Tempera paint set
NOTE: List subject to change.