The study of chemistry is the study of the world around you. It includes the particles that make up matter and the reactions between the different types of matter. Though out the course, theories of the atom and its components will be studied.The student will learn the quantitative basis for chemical reactions and changes in state.Chemistry is the study of matter, the many changes it undergoes, and how energy transfers during these processes.
Students will be provided with Modern Chemistry
When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the unifying concepts of chemistry.
- Demonstrate the basic understanding of the mathematical concepts of chemistry.
- Describe the history of chemistry and atomic theory.
- Determine the basic reactions of elements and compounds.
- Explain the relations of the phases of matter and the kinetic molecular theory.
- Describe the modern atomic theory and quantum numbers.
- Be able to explain the periodic table structure and information.
Chapter 1 Matter and Change
Chapter 2 Measurements and Calculations
Chapter 3 Atoms: The Building Blocks of Matter
Chapter 4 Arrangement of Electrons in Atoms
Chapter 5 The Periodic Law
Chapter 6 Chemical Bonding
Chapter 7 Chemical Formulas and Chemical Compounds
Chapter 8 Chemical Equations and Reactions
Chapter 9 Stoichiometry
Chapter 10 States of Matter
Chapter 11 Gases
Chapter 12 Solutions
Chapter 13 Ions in Aqueous Solutions and Colligative Solutions
Chapter 14 Acids and Bases
Chapter 15 Acid-Base Titration and pH
Chapter 16 Reaction Energy
Chapter 17 Reaction Kinetics
Chapter 18 Chemical Equilibrium
Chapter 19 Oxidation-Reduction Reactions
Chapter 20 Electrochemistry
Chapter 21 Nuclear Chemistry
Chapter 22 Organic Chemistry
Chapter 23 Biological Chemistry