Consumer Math Print
Consumer Math is designed to teach students the importance of managing their personal finances, allowing them to excel in everyday life. Students will review and practice math skills and learn practical application of the concepts in areas including finance, credit cards, taxes, budgeting, banking, and home expenses.
When you have completed this course, you will be able to:
1. Work with decimals, fractions, percentages, and averages (mean).
2. Read graphs, tables, charts.
3. Estimate using rounding techniques.
4. Problem solve using different methods.
5. Calculate gross and net income, housing costs, insurance, and investments.
6. Utilize and manage checking and savings accounts, cash purchases, charge accounts, credit cards, and loans.
7. Understand vehicle purchases and insurance costs.
Lesson 1: Math Basics
Lesson 2: Income and Record keeping
Lesson 3: Bank Accounts and Purchases
Lesson 4: Credit Cards and Loans
Lesson 5: Vehicle and Housing Costs
Lesson 6: Insurance and Investments