English 10 Honors Online
Honors English 10 course includes engaging and interactive instruction about reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language, with a focus on exploring a wide variety of genres and their elements. Students learn how to carefully read, interpret, and analyze literature and nonfiction works of cultural or historical significance appropriate to Grade 10. Throughout the course, students practice narrative, informative, and argument writing. Students also develop and deliver presentations, and participate in discussions with their peers.
This course includes all the topics in English 10, as well as an independent honors project in each semester.
Prerequisites-Literary Analysis and Composition I, or equivalent.
When enrolling in the full year option of this course it will be delivered in two semesters. Transcripts will reflect each semester separately
- Unit 1: Narrative Techniques and Structure
- Unit 2: Theme and Characters
- Unit 3: How Important Ideas Are Expressed
- Unit 4: Medium and Message
- Unit 5: The Power of Language
- Unit 6: Night
- Unit 7: Honors Project: Literary Analysis Essay
- Unit 1: Literature with a Purpose
- Unit 2: Symbols and Imagery
- Unit 3: Cry, the Beloved Country
- Unit 4: Macbeth
- Unit 5: Informational Works
- Unit 6: Writers on Writing
- Unit 7: Honors Project: Read Frankenstein