English 10 Online
This English 10 course includes engaging and interactive instruction about reading, writing, speaking, and listening, and language, with a focus on exploring a wide variety of genres and their elements. Students learn how to carefully read, interpret, and analyze literature and nonfiction works of cultural or historical significance appropriate to Grade 10. Throughout the course, students practice narrative, informative, and argument writing. Students also develop and deliver presentations and participate in discussions with their peers.
Prerequisites-Literary Analysis and Composition I, or equivalent.
· Unit 1: Narrative Techniques and Structure
· Unit 2: Theme and Characters
· Unit 3: How Important Ideas Are Expressed
· Unit 4: Medium and Message
· Unit 5: The Power of Language
· Unit 6: Night
· Unit 1: Literature with a Purpose
· Unit 2: Symbols and Imagery
· Unit 3: Cry, the Beloved Country
· Unit 4: Macbeth
· Unit 5: Informational Works
· Unit 6: Writers on Writing