English Grade 12 Print Credit Recovery
English 12 begins with a lesson on grammar skills. You will also practice real world writing, like filling out an application and writing a resume. You will also practice your composition skills by writing different types of paragraphs. You will also read a few short stories, including Edgar Allan Poe. There is a section on poetry that focuses on the theme of war. Finally, it will conclude with the theme of wealth.
This study material is designed to provide students with a concise review of the proper use of English and the opportunity to improve their writing skills.
After reading the text and completing the exercises found in the Study Guide, you will be able to:
· identify and use the parts of speech in sentences.
· identify the parts of a sentence, types of sentences and the organization of paragraphs.
· identify phrases and clauses.
· construct sentences including proper use of clauses.
· name the essential parts of a good paragraph.
· write an essay using a topic sentence.
· write business letters and resumes.
· write paragraphs illustrating four different writing styles. identify the basic elements of fiction.
· apply critical reading skills when analyzing short stories.