English Grade 6 Print Credit Recovery
English 6 is designed to provide students with a review of the essential language arts skills presented at this grade level. The course content will incorporate all different types of literature in both fiction and nonfiction categories. The class will focus on being about to read, explore, and analyze literary and informational texts and evaluate the information in them, conducting research and writing analytical and narrative pieces. It will also illustrate reading comprehension strategies to maximize understanding and functioning in academic situations. All of this will be introduced by a review of important grammar and writing at the grade level.
This study material is designed to provide students with a concise review of the proper use of English grammar skills and to help students improve their sentence and composition skills.
After reading the text and completing the exercises found in the Study Guide, you will be able to:
· identify and use the parts of speech in sentences;
· describe subjects and predicates;
· write sentences according to purpose and use correct punctuation and capitalization;
· identify simple and complete subjects and predicates in declarative and exclamatory sentences and simple subjects in imperative and interrogative sentences;
· construct limited topic sentences, write four different types of paragraphs and construct basic outlines for paragraphs;
· write friendly and business letters and address envelopes according to a standard format.