Geometry Grades 10-12 Print Credit Recovery
Geometry is a branch of mathematics concerned with questions of shape, size, relative position of figures, and the properties of space. In this course, you will explore and review various math concepts such as points, lines, and planes. You will look at a variety of angles and polygons. While comparing these, you will find area and volume as well as missing measurements. You will also learn to calculate various aspects of angles. All these functions and calculations will help you develop deductive reasoning skills necessary for future math courses.
Required but not provided: ruler, protractor and compass.
This study material is designed to provide students with a concise review of geometry. After reading the text and completing the exercises found in the Study Guide, you will be able to:
· Define terms related to geometry
· Construct various geometric shapes
· Identify, combine, and construct angles and their bisectors
· Identify, determine the measure of, and construct triangles
· Recognize the relationship between parallel lines and angles that result when they are cut by a transversal
· Characterize all types of quadrilaterals
· Calculate perimeter and area of various types of polygons
· Determine if polygons are similar
· Determine the measure of and otherwise evaluate right triangles using the Pythagorean theorem and other techniques
· Identify, determine the measure of, and construct arcs, secants, and tangents