Health Grades 9-12 Print Credit Recovery
In this Health course students will learn about the components of a healthy lifestyle and learn strategies for making healthy choices. Instructional material introduces students to the concepts of mental health, emotional health, social health, consumer health, and physical health. It presents opportunities for students to apply their value systems to decisions concerning their own health. Students develop communication skills that allow them to demonstrate healthy choices with respect for self, family, and others.
This study material is designed to provide students with an understanding of the human body and of how to keep their own body healthy.
After reading the required text and completing the exercises found in the Study Guide, you will be able to:
· identify the major organs of the body;
· describe the functions of the major organs;
· identify health issues related to the major body systems;
· state steps to take to stay healthy;
· state steps to take if one becomes ill;
· recognize warning signs of various illnesses.