Math (General) Grade 6 Print Credit Recovery
An overall review of general mathematics including the following principles for whole numbers, fractions, and decimals: place values, rounding and the four basic operations. Also covers the basic manipulation of fractions and understanding percentages of numbers.
This study material is designed to provide students with a concise review of general mathematics. After reading the text and completing the exercises found in the Study Guide, you will be able to:
· Define mathematical terminology.
· Solve addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems that involve whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
· Read, write and round whole numbers.
· Reduce fractions to simplest form and change the forms of fractions.
· Add, subtract, multiply, and divide like, unlike, and mixed fractions.
· Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals (to different extents).
· Find percentages of numbers.
You should have received a Study Guide titled Math – Grade 6. There is no additional textbook for this program of study. Everything you need to complete this program is included in your Study Guide.
The study material in this program is designed to provide you with a concise review of general mathematics. You will have the opportunity to review the application of the four basic operations of whole numbers, fractions and decimals and working with percents.
Your program is divided into 5 areas of study each area containing several lessons. These areas of study are:
Section I: Whole Numbers (naming, rounding, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing numbers)
Section II: Common Fractions (reducing, changing forms, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions)
Section III: Decimals (reading, writing and rounding, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of decimals)
Section IV: Percent (changing percents to fractions or decimals and finding percent of a number)
Section V: Review Problems (review problems for previous sections)