Physical Education Grades 9-12: Basketball Print Credit Recovery
The Physical Education - Grades 6-12 Basketball Course will provide you with an introduction to wellness and the lifetime sport of basketball. You will learn about physical activity and its relationship to your health, as well as the basic skills necessary to pass / catch, dribble, and shoot in the sport of the basketball. The course will have a nice introduction to the game of basketball and divided into four sections that will introduce you how to pass, shoot, dribble and catch.
This study material is designed to provide students with an introduction to the concepts of wellness and physical fitness, as well as the sport of basketball.
After reading the text and completing the exercises found in the Study Guide, you will be able to:
· Define wellness and physical fitness.
· Describe the benefits of being fit.
· Describe the value of lifetime sports.
· Define basic basketball terms.
· Understand the rules of basketball
· Practice the skills of basketball, including dribbling, catching, passing and shooting.