Physical Science Grades 8-9 Print Credit Recovery
Physical science is the study how the world works around you. In this course, you will begin your exploration of the science of the everyday world. Students will learn the basics of matter, energy, waves, magnetism, the universe, Newtonian motion, chemical reactions, and simple machines - and how these all play a big role in how you experience the world around you.
This study material is designed to provide students with an understanding of matter, force, work, pressure, sound, light, electricity and magnetism.
After reading the required text and completing the exercises found in the Study Guide, you will be able to:
· define key terms related to basic physical science.
· classify various states of matter.
· name units used for measurement in the scientific world.
· convert units of length, volume, and mass using a standard calculating method.
· explain the concepts of motion.
· identify what constitutes work in terms of energy and power.