Skills For Success Print
The courses introduces students to the many skills and concepts that are needed to be successful and lead a fulfilling life. Students will learn study skills that will help them succeed in future courses, while learning interesting facts about themselves. The textbook, Professionalism: Skills for Workplace Success, contains sixteen chapters, each covering an important basic skills.
1. Be able to demonstrate better reading, writing, studying and listening skills.
2. Project a better self-image and positive attitudes.
3. Budget all important resources more efficiently.
4. Understand the importance of budgeting.
5. Determine their preferred career and how to find a job in that field.
6. Be able to self-assess your own skills, talents and qualities.
7. Develop critical thinking skills that apply to decision making and problem solving.
8. Be able to use positive communication skills.
Textbook: Professionalism: Skills for Workplace Success by Anderson & Bolt
Module 1: Self Management
- Ch 1: Attitude, Goal Setting, and Life Management
- Ch 2: Personal Financial Management
- Ch 3: Time and Stress Management and Organization Skills
- Ch 4: Etiquette/Dress
Module 2: Workplace Basics
- Ch 5: Ethics, Politics, and Diversity
- Ch 6: Accountability and Workplace Relationships
- Ch 7: Quality Organizations and Service
- Ch 8: Human Resources and Policies
Module 3: Relationships
- Ch 9: Communication
- Ch 10: Electronic Communication
- Ch 11: Motivation, Leadership, and Teams
- Ch 12: Conflict and Negotiation
Module 4: Career Planning Tools
- Ch 13: Job Search Skills
- Ch 14: Resume Package
- Ch 15: Interview Techniques
- Ch 16: Career Changes