World History Grades 7-8 Print Credit Recovery
World History takes you through the journey of understanding our world's history from prehistory until current events taking place in our world. This course allows students to become fully prepared to live in the world and become global citizens. Students will be able to know who they are as individuals, along with their part in the larger society. Through a variety of assignments and assessments students have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge in various ways. This course allows students to understanding and appreciate earlier cultures and achievements, along with connecting to current events.
This study material is designed to provide students with an understanding of Egyptian history during the time of the Pharaohs.
After reading the required text and completing the exercises found in the Study Guide, you will be able to:
· describe how archaeology and research uncovered ancient Egyptian artifacts and history;
· describe particular Pharaohs as people and rulers;
· identify significant persons, places and things relevant to Ancient Egypt;
· describe how continuing archaeological discoveries and applications change our historical viewpoints;
· appreciate the importance of history in terms of how it relates to today’s world.